General Assembly of the National Association of Travel Companies of Moldova (ANAT)
On 22nd of November, 2017 National Association of Travel Companies of Moldova (ANAT) held General Assembly, where it’s members summarized previous years achievements, discussed current matters and re-elected new Chairman of the Association.
Created in 2002, ANAT is one of the first associations of Moldova tourist industry. For the duration of the past 15 years its main mission was and still is – the protection of its members.
Association is a leading force among the industry as a whole and calls for consolidation of all market players, i.e. tour operators, agencies, tour guides and hotel owners.
The organization actively contributes to the drafting out of new legislation, participates in hot topics discussion, offers consulting services in tourist business. The goal of the association is to promote Moldova resorts at the worldwide tourist market and attract as many tourists as possible to visit our country.
The tourist potential of Moldova is high and should play the role of a powerful catalyst for the further development of the tourist industry.
The meeting was opened with a status report on the activities, followed by current organizational matters discussion, before it delved into the main topic of new Chairman of the Association election.
Alexander Juravel had introduced to the Administrative Council a new candidate for the Chairman position, Anna Colta.
Anna Colta has more than 20 years of experience in tourism industry. According to Alexander Juravel, she is very familiar with Moldova tourist sector opportunities and challenges. Based on her many years of experience she could contribute significantly not only into growth and further maturing of the National Association of Travel Companies of Moldova (ANAT), but into the development of the tourist industry of the Republic as a whole.
Holding a speech in front of members of General Assemply, Anna emphasized that tourism, being a high-efficiency trigger to economic development of Moldova Republic, requires further evolution.
ANAT Chairman candidate named five major intiatives that should become the first priority in the next two years (2018-2020):
• Consolidation of the tourist market players is the most important topic. Having lots of disparate small and medium size tourist agencies lowers investment attractiveness of the tourist market and therefore negatively affects the industry.
• Preparing a draft and passing of a new tourist legislation. Since current law came into force, tourist market of Moldova Republic has undergone significant changes, that are not reflected in the present legislation making it obsolete.
• Implementation of a tourist registry that will allow legal entities to overpass most of bureaucratic obstacles.
• Well-thought financial guarantee mechanism, that should be developed and executed for agencies and tourist operators according to the Civil Code of the Moldova Republic.
• Making changes to the Tax Code of RM in order to force business out of shadow economic sector and this includes incoming tourist flow sector.
As the Anna Colta speech was finished, Alexander Juravel, the Chairman of the Association, suggested to start the voting process for a new chairman of the organization. Anna Colta was elected as the new Chairman of Moldova National Tourist Association by a majority of votes with one abstention.
Anna Colta thanked the members of General Assembly for their trust and promised to do everything possible to live up to it.
Colleagues present have congratulated Anna Vladimirovna Colta with her new title and proposed several new meeting points for discussions among the work group that will soon continue business as usual.