Press-tour in Moldova for Russian and Belarussian Mass Media organized by ANAT
Between April 17 and 20, 2018, Russian and Belarussian journalists and bloggers visited the Republic of Moldova to get acquainted with sightseeing attractions, travel itineraries, culture and national cuisine of the country. The general author and organizer of the project was National Association of Tourism Legal Agents of Moldova (ANAT).
ANAT is a union of business entities working in the field of inbound tourism promotion. Some of the most important tasks of the Association are:
• to promote the image of the Republic of Moldova as an interesting and safe tourist destination at the national and international levels;
• to popularize the inbound and outbound tourism;
• to establish and develop goodstanding public-private partnerships and reliable relations with international organizations and entities activating in tourism sector;
• to improve the legal framework governing tourism sector;
The participants of this press tour had the opportunity to ask questions and communicate with representatives of state officials and entities working in the field of tourism. The ANAT President, Mrs. Anna Colta, told us from where the idea of organizing such an event came out: “… in the nearest future we have set a goal to organize a press tour. Yes, we have chosen the idea of attracting mass media because we thought if shall bring much more results than any possible info-tour and attract vast audience due to foreign mass media implication. It is important for us to inform that Moldova is a visa-free country, safe and open to tourists. It is a chance to show our tourism products as well: starting from our famous winaries Cricova, Milestii Mici and Mimi Castle Et Cetera, Purcari, and Branesti till the most beautiful Moldovan places. In Bender and Soroca there are unique medieval fortresses and the southern region of Gagauzia is famous for its amazing wines. We really have what to show our tourists. “
During all 3 days of their visit the participants had the possibility to see the main tourist attractions of our country, such as:
– Kurki Monastery – one of the most important architectural monuments of Moldova, built in the 17-19 centuries. The ensemble consists of 2 churches and 9 buildings with cells, a garden and a stone pool.
– Historical and archaeological complex “Old Orhei” (Orheiul Vechi), which is an open-air museum. It is famous for its rock monasteries, unique natural landscapes and well-preserved remains of various civilizations settlements .
– Moldovan Winaries. In 2018, the United Nations have declared Moldova as the World Capital of Wine Tourism, so the producers developed special offers for guests, including excursions through the territory of factories, vineyards and cellars as well as degustations of Moldovan wines. During this press tour Mass Media representatives have visited the most famous wineries : Cricova Cellars (Cricova), Milestii Mici (Milestii Mici) and MIMI Castle (castel MIMI).
– Rural tourism complex Trebujeni. Here the press tour participants have got acquainted with traditional way of Moldovan rural lifestyle and local habits, gor familiarized with customs abd national cuisine. They also have prepared and baked a traditional Moldovan plachynda – a flat cake with a filling inside.
The guests were also invited on Chisinau sightseeing tour visiting a number of curious places including Pushkin Monument.
Journalists and bloggers who took part in the press tour highly appreciated the tourism potential of the Republic of Moldova. Portal tio.by has featured a number of articles with a detailed description of the main sightseeing attractions and travel itineraries of the country listing the advantages of this travel destination for Belarusian and Russian tourists. The author of the article noted that “Moldova is not just a colorful country, it is a tourist-friendly destination: it is visa-free, safe, inexpensive, comfortable for Russian-speakers and – most importantly – hospitable.”
Alexander Goretov, Editor-in-chief of the Travel Box program in Radio PREMIUM commented that: “Here you find yourself inside a fairy tale. Any way you take here you can find your happiness, amazing architectural sights or a simply some new friends. It’s a real thing in Chisinau and not the magic. In general the city is very green with lots of parks where people like to relax.”
AIR MOLDOVA has direct flights from Krasnodar, Ekaterinburg, Moscow and St. Petersburg that quickly and comfortably will bring you to the International Airport “CHISINAU”.
Elena Logunova, writer and journalist stated that: “Chisinau is the second (after Munich) airport that has got its own brewery! A live, unfiltered beer of excellent quality can be tasted at Lumen Kraft Airport Pub. Beer is accompanied with traditional zama: a sort of sout with chicken, noodles, bacon, potatoes, pretzels and vegetables … Oh my God, on my way back from this country I won’t need a plane, I will roll myself by, because I am becoming just round! “
Some of publications with the participants’ impressions can be found to the following links (the list of the link will be updated):
ANAT expresses its gratitude to AIR MOLDOVA, the international airport Chisinau and MIEPO- an organization for attracting investments and promoting exports to Moldova for assistance in organizing and holding the press tour and for the exceptional level of reception and customer service.
Moldova has a lot to surprise and entertain tourists with as the choice of excursions and tourist routes is extensive and fascinating. The organizers of the press tour very successfully summed up the advantages of visiting the republic in the slogan “Moldova is a tourist destination. Close! Interesting! Inexpensive! “.
Moldovan tour operators are waiting for Russian and Belarusian tourists, because our countries are close and have a lot in common!
BE OUR GUEST